Saturday, November 28, 2015
on the way to Fox Glacier
In this narrow gorge is where I tried the jet boats, making 360 degree turns in excessive speed. Fierce!
What I saw from the bus ride to Fox Glacier.
Too misty for helicopter over the glacier, so we walked up the trail on foot to see the tip of the glacier. 2 days later, a helicopter crashed at that site, 7 dead, so we were lucky!
Hey, it was a steep climb, so cut me some slack on the strained look and hair.
Rain forests everywhere. Note the deep layer of moss, and the giant ferns.
On metal walkway over the tree tops. Glad I don't suffer from vertigo!
Birds in NZ are not afraid of people because there are no predators in NZ. This weka bird, a cousin of the kiwi bird, is looking for handouts.
Punakaiki Resort in Hokatika. Note driftwood artwork along beach.
View out of my hotel room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment